On FreelanceSwitch Muhammad Saleem is giving some great tips on how to use social media tools, but not get overwhelmed in the process.
I’ve been meaning to write this post since part 1, but then came part 2, and today part 3:
Here is the essential part thus far: don’t stress out that you have to use everything pick the tools that work for you, then work them.
Take RSS, Muhammad uses Yahoo Pipes to filter RSS feeds to weed out duplicate entries. I use aideRSS, but lots of other people like the dashboard sites (I’m with Sarah Perez, often they don’t work for me–though I do check Techmeme regularly). No matter what you choose the idea is that you use the tools that give you the end result you need.
This series is written for freelancers, but essentially I think all knowledge workers are freelancers in many ways. Even if you work for a big company, if you work in this sphere information and working with it is key. Social media, can be a giant time suck. Getting the most out of social media means trying a few things, deciding what you want and need, then just forgetting the rest.
Photo by Tris Hussey
Tags: Muhammad Saleem, simplicity, Social Media, work tipsShare This
</img>

</img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>