Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Movie Torrents no picture help?

I've recently started downloading torrents off of PirateBay.Org mainly movies (catfish, the godfather trilogy, etc.) The torrents go straight to FrostWire to be downloaded (which isn't the problem) When i go to view them however my windows media player will start to play them only with no picture though just the sound. I was wondering if there is any way to fix this, if there is a seperate program that needs to be downloaded or just simply if these are bad files. help?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Media player cant handle the format. Download VLC. google it, its free.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, you are simply missing codecs, you have 2 choices download a good codec pack for windows media player or get an alternative player such as vlc, gom player, or kmplayer. Shark007 is the best codec pack I know of for windows media player. Shark007 can make wmp the default player for all files if you choose so in shark007 options window under the help tab "windows filetype association" button. If you have win7 64-bit you have to install shark007 32-bit then install the x64 addon component to make it work. The vista pack is compatible with xp. The virus that some antivirus picks up for shark007 is a false positive.

In your case I would go with vlc. Vlc can play almost any file without a codec pack. It can play incomplete, corrupt and files while still downloading also. One last thing I found the current version of vlc isn't very stable you may want to try a previous version of vlc you can get at oldapps site. It's a legitimate site. you can find the official link to vlc site in the link below which is videolan site. Here is oldapps,

http://www.oldapps.com/VLC_Player.php (They have all previous version of vlc) I had to go back to vlc version 1.0.3 to get it to work correctly.

I hope this helps you out. If not post a followup here and I will do my best to help you out. I would just go with vlc or shark007 in your case. See link below.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Media player cant handle the format. Download VLC. google it, its free.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there's no picture than the file that you downloaded probably isn't compatible with Windows Media Player. Best bet would be to download VLC Media Player or install codec packs for Windows MP, but VLC is allllooootttt quicker and easier.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/