Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jews -- should I leave Judaism?

I spent six years learning and practicing to be Jewish before taking a year to study with a rabbi and finally convert. When I finally was able to convert, I was so happy, but now it's has only been 8 months and I realize I don't believe in some very important things that I think one should believe in before becoming Jewish, and I was not taught these things in my conversion class, which now that I look at it was SEVERELY lacking. Also, no matter how much I know that a convert is as much a Jew as a born Jew, and I am treated as a Jew by others in my synagogue, I really don't feel like I belong (this was very clear when we just had the observance of krystallnact and I felt sad for what had happened to THEIR families and really just felt like I was intruding on the mourning of strangers). Does this mean I should leave Judaism - CAN a person leave Judaism?

Yes, I know it is pretty crappy to convert to a religion, be accepted, and then think of leaving -- but it also seems disingenuous to stay. I didn't feel like I jumped in, but maybe I did since I clearly didn't know enough before converting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    peace
    Islam is the source of all Abrahimic Faiths
    we follow all prophetic teachings

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should be whatever religon you belive in and yes you can leave any religon and as for me im hindu and Im happy

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think most Jews wouldn't decide you're going to hell for leaving the faith, whereas many Christians would if you left that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is something you should be discussing with your Rabbi and other respected Jewish people you know personally. If you've been part of the Jewish community for nearly 2 years, learning and participating, it is the people with whom you have been a part of that you need to discuss with why you do not feel a part of the community and what it is you think you "should" be doing.

The reason conversion into Judaism takes a long time is so that you can be sure before you take the steps to become a member.

If you felt like a stranger among that community *after* your conversion and participation..I don't think that strangers *here* to you on the internet can really be the best source of help to you to discover why that is,

Good luck with your choice, whatever it is.

Since you have studied and practiced for six years, you are aware that Judaism does not teach that one must be a Jew to be blessed and connect to God or strive to righteousness.
    God is not exclusive to the Jews. God commands the Jews to be exclusive to God. Restating Torah precept, both Isaiah and Jeremiah affirm that the righteous of all nations have a place in the world to come. Micah's summation, "What Does the Lord Require of You? To act Justly and to Love Mercy and to Walk Humbly With Your God"

It may be that the path of striving to be a righteous Gentile is yours rather than that of Judaism. Only you can decide.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try learning Islam, it is multi racial with 1.8 billion followers worldwide.

It is also the worship of God the One and Only, but acknowledges the existance of Jesus, peace be upon him, as a great Prophet and Messenger of God.

You can watch this channel by an American Christian Chaplain who converted to Islam and now a Muslim scholar:
    Its fun to be a Muslim in Islam.
    http://www.watchislam.com/tv6/