Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Media Player for Dish Network DVR Movies recorded on External HDD/Drive?

Project: to connect Media Player to my External HDD that recorded from Dish Network DVR

Anybody know what media format that the Dish Network DVR records in? I know it's from a Linux-based source. I basically want to add a Media player like WD-Western Digital Media Player or Patriot Media Player or whatever works to be able to connect the external HDD so that it can be connected to my second LED Screen/TV.

I basically have 3TB's of separate HDD's and would like to take advantage of playing the movies in another room without being tied to my box/DVR.

Thanks in advance and please state your experience with this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to go over to AVS Forum they have the codes and the know how and will provide the help you need. http://www.avsforum.com/
    They are so deep into this I was reading one thread and was blown away at how many different thoughts where brought up.