Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Member SmileyFaceButterfly's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well this is definatley a topic in which there are many opinions!

Personally I have mixed feelings. I am a Hindu, but I don't believe in a lot of the Hindu beliefs. For example I don't believe how they say world was started and I don't believe in how they think the world will end.
    In order to learn about the Earth, I think that science is the best way to go about it. Religion, I believe is a way to explain things that we can't understand. Take in account the Greek and Roman mythology. At the time it was considered a religion and it was truly believed "The reason the sun goes across the sky is because Apollo is driving his chariot". But now we know that, that isn't true at all.

This is an interesting topic. If have more questions, feel free to email me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    basically religion has no grounding in evidence or common sense. Science is the polar opposite of religion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yessir

Downloads
    Uploads
    Philosophy is more interesting than science.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Philosophy deals with the abstract form, thus it has no direct relation to reality, while religions are based on belief and blind faith, most of the time directly against our mind and logic, so if you are interested getting to know things you need a scientific method.
    On the other hand our present, earthly sciences are solely based on our 5 physical senses, even the most sophisticated equipment, or tool is just an extension of these physical senses, thus these sciences are incapable to reveal anything beyond the physical reality.
    So if we want to perceive the whole reality, where our physical realm is just a tiny fragment, we need a scientific method that can extend our perception enabling us to sense beyond this world.
    Please see the links below for further explanation:
    http://www.laitman.com/2009/11/a-practical-method-to-reveal-the-hidden-part-of-the-world/
    http://www.perceivingreality.com
    http://www.laitman.com/2009/12/the-difference-between-mysticism-and-science/
    I hope you find this helpful, all the best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe science and philosophy are more reliable than religion. Philosophy is an important tool too...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck getting an unbiased grade if that's your topic...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn Allen: Generalize much?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. Although natural sciences evolved from natural philosophy, philosophy has a poor track record because it tends to rely more upon prior works than direct investigation, not to say the science rejects the former. Religion offers little insight as different cultural groups have different traditions for the same phenomena.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast