Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What height was Jesus Christ?(with bible quotes please)?

For some context: I am a christian who also believes in the theory of evolution, the book of Genesis shouldn't be taken literally.

I was just asked "What height are you?" to which I replied, correctly, "6ft." My mother felt the need to interject into my conversation and state "You must be six-one, only Jesus was exactly 6ft"

After some research I've found that the shroud of Turin puts Jesus' height between 5'11" and 6'2" - supporting the idea that he was 6ft.
    On the other hand, the theory of evolution shows that humans have grown in height and that humans in Galilee in the days of Christ would have been between about 4 and 5ft. This means that if Jesus was 6ft he would've been considered a giant and it surely would have been mentioned in the bible.

So, does it mention his height anywhere? And, if so, where?

People I don't care if he was short or tall, he's still the saviour. I just wanted to know if it said anywhere if he was or not.

BigTalker, you are quite clearly a crazy creationist, do you think Adam and Eve where real?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your mother is retarded. Why must Jesus be exactly 6'? There is no magical thing about being that and lots of people are. Tell her this for me please.

Besides what does height matter? It is no reference on character to the person. If Jesus was a midget would that make him less worth something? Not that I believe in Jesus but you get my point right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    there is no Reference in the bible to his height or looks so we presume he was average height for that time sorry I do not know what that might have been.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Bible does not give a description of his height.

Junior Member ignoramus_the_great's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no conflict between scripture and science. As is so evident here, there is only misinterpretted scripture and misapplied science.

Junior Member rawrtimadinosaurBt@#$'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "Jesus is 6'9 feet"- Bible