Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you unlock an Kyocera Android Zio when its in Emergency Dial Only?

(Answering my own question)

After searching the internet and dealing with enormous amounts of suggested so called bull crap advice such as hold the volume key up and press the send key the scroll button and end button sequentially until it vibrates and getting nothing I found that unlocking this dumb, annoying and inconvenient action. I found that if you simply just go ahead and dial 911 and immediately end the call soon after it rings a screen when then pop up after the call is ended with the option to exit the emergency call, of course press exit and not ok because those are the only two choices. once you do that the home screen will appear. of course after that go to your menu and then to your settings, then to SD card, USB Mass storage & Phone storage and select Factory Data Reset.. This will restart your phone completely and restore it back to the way it was when you first bought it. Please keep in mind to do this immediately after you make that emergency phone call because you will not be able to try anything else if you do not do this.. and if you've experienced anything else like me you've probably been frustrated with all the bs you've been finding on the internet about unlocking this phone... Sadly I had to play with my phone a long time to figure this out...My advice is if you don't want to end up only being able to dial emergency phone calls then don't use the option for pattern locking your phone because if you mess up enough times then your screwed. Just thought I share this hope it helps those who face this inconvenience

Unregistered
    Hello does it,work for crick zio and,when you call do u press menu for more options