Romans says Gossips deserve DEATH. Could you please stop using Romans to slam gays?

newell

Oct 18, 2008
Romans 1:28-30

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

I'm not sure where you're making the connection between the said scripture and your support for homosexuality.

It also says that people who murder deserve death. Who's handing out the death ? Aren't they murdering ? Also, what if the gay people are gossiping ? what if they think up a new position (and thereby, in the eyes of some 'invent ways of doing evil' ? Disobey their parents ? Damn, that's only almost everybody. 'faithless', so I guess all the atheists have to die ? All I'm saying is that I love to argue with people. And right now, that people* is you.

Kid, grow up... You do not have to be a "bible believer" if you don't want. In fact, I don't want you to be as you are too full of hate for those who do believe. Go home, eat supper, do your homework like your parents raised you to do.

In Romans 1:28-32; shows the exhaustive sweep of human moral depravity.
These sins reveal how rebellious man is towards God, sins deserving of God's judgment.

In Romans 1:28-32; shows the exhaustive sweep of human moral depravity.
These sins reveal how rebellious man is towards God, sins deserving of God's judgment.

Back