Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Ian B

blu-ray DVD's on PS3?

For anybody who owns or has viewed a DVD movie on a blu-ray via a PS3 how would you compare the original DVD quality compared to the blu-ray DVD quality? Are the blu-ray movies worth paying a bit more for? Thanks to all comments

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only if you like a better picture with better sound

MANDERS
    yea they def. are the picture and sound are so much better

adrianclay81882003
    The Playstation 3 can upscale standard DVD's and they look very good while playing in the PS3.

However, I only have a 720p HDTV, and Blu-Ray DVD's don't really look that much better than the upconverted standard DVD's on my PS3.

You should really just get Blu-Ray DVD's if you have a 1080p HDTV. but if you don't have a 1080p HDTV, I think that standard DVD's will do just fine because they are upconverted.

Mogeyman
    Well, let's think about this. High definition video and sound vs. standard video and sound. 1080p vs 480i.
    Blu-ray is amazing. You will never buy anything out on blu-ray on dvd ever again. It is great. Plus, it has great games. If you get it, you will thank yourself.

Mogeyman
    Well, let's think about this. High definition video and sound vs. standard video and sound. 1080p vs 480i.
    Blu-ray is amazing. You will never buy anything out on blu-ray on dvd ever again. It is great. Plus, it has great games. If you get it, you will thank yourself.

adrianclay81882003
    The Playstation 3 can upscale standard DVD's and they look very good while playing in the PS3.

However, I only have a 720p HDTV, and Blu-Ray DVD's don't really look that much better than the upconverted standard DVD's on my PS3.

You should really just get Blu-Ray DVD's if you have a 1080p HDTV. but if you don't have a 1080p HDTV, I think that standard DVD's will do just fine because they are upconverted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The blue-ray is more pixalized and clearer then the old school dvd players. 75% of the quality of the picture relys on the HD tv that you have too. if your watching blu-ray on 720p or 1080p (progressive) your going to get a really clear picture. If your watching on 720i or 1080i (interlaced), its going to look a little bit like a regular a dvd player. 2007-present HDTVs now comes with standard 1080p-480i. 2004-2006 HDTVs are 1080i-480i. Always try to go with progressive because interlaced looks a little bit distorted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're worth it if you have a full HD tv. Just normally there's only a small difference between the two, so only go for it if you have 1080p

Downloads
    Uploads
    The blue-ray is more pixalized and clearer then the old school dvd players. 75% of the quality of the picture relys on the HD tv that you have too. if your watching blu-ray on 720p or 1080p (progressive) your going to get a really clear picture. If your watching on 720i or 1080i (interlaced), its going to look a little bit like a regular a dvd player. 2007-present HDTVs now comes with standard 1080p-480i. 2004-2006 HDTVs are 1080i-480i. Always try to go with progressive because interlaced looks a little bit distorted.