I had a couple questions about this. I am not in the army but I am looking into it. My first question has to do with push ups. When I do push ups my arms are much farther out then shoulder width and I was wondering if that is a problem? In most things I have seen most people have their elbows tight to their body when they are in the down position. When I do it, my body basically looks like a cross, with my arms at a 90 degree angle from my body. Does this make a difference?

Next question is that I have asthma and I was wondering if the army accepts people with asthma? It really isn't that bad of a problem except for when I run for a distance. I have noticed that the army allows people to do a 2.5k walk instead, but if they don't accept people with asthma I guess it really doesn't matter.

Is being able to SWIM a requirement? Because I cannot swim at all. I have also tried to learn to swim but nothing has worked.

I took the pretest for the AFQT on the goarmy site, and I got an estimated 67. I understand the scoring to an extent. I was wondering if 67 was average? I understand that it says that I would score higher then 67% of people that take the test. I also under stand that I would meet the requirements of joining for that portion. By knowing that score would you be able to tell some of the benefits or things like that I would be able to get? I know it is based on the career I choose mainly.

I plan on talking to a recruiter soon to just get more information. But the more information I can get from different people the better.