Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    bobterwiliker

A Horse Survey for horse lovers?

1. What's your horse's name, or the horse you lease? 2. What type of riding do you do? (English, Western, Dressage, etc.) 3. What's your favorite horse breed and why?4. What was your biggest shock/surprise in owning a horse, leasing a horse, or riding a horse?5. What's your top favorite thing that you like about your horse?6. What was your biggest challenge ever since you started riding, or owning a horse? 7. What would you like to get better at?8. Does your horse or the horse you lease have any vices?9. What's the biggest thing you've accomplished so far?10. Why do you love and ride horses?11.Why did you start riding?12. Did you like this survey? Explain why or why not.

Bob__Euchre

1. I have four horses. Mink, Zee, Muffy, and Mac. Mink is my barrel horse, hes a 8 year old quarter horse. Zee is my 12 year old miniature mare, muffy is my 14 year old paint mare, and mac is my 15 year old quarter pony gelding2. I compete in barrel racing with mink. Its probably my favorite. But on the side i do small mini shows with zee, and i trail ride muffy. Mac is ridden by my daughter.3. Peruvian paso because they move with such this bitter sweet grace.4. How much work it really was to own. And all my life i had broke horses and ive recently had some trouble makers, and its kinda new to me.5. I love having my horses as companions. Not every day i ride them. There comforting me when i just need to take a day from work and cry in their manes from pressure and stress.6. Selling.. i love all my horses. I mean.. some of the horses ive had were very easy to sell because we didnt match.. but its hard when you have that solid bond.7. I'd like to get better at being a all around horse owner and learning more knowledge. Because theres no limited amount of information you can learn.8. Muffy is a bit wild at shows.. infact shes crazy at shows. thats why i trail ride her. and Mink is hot going into the gate.. but thats pretty normal for a barrel horse.9. The biggest thing ive accomplished is probably teaching my daughter about horses. 10. It breaks my stress, i know i can go to them anytime and they never turn me away11.I was born on a ranch. my daddy influenced me.12. Yeah, they are fun to pass time with and learn more about others on Y!A

BobTheButcher

1. What's your horse's name, or the horse you lease? Emma (Cashmier)2. What type of riding do you do? (English, Western, Dressage, etc.) Mostly Dressage, used to do Hunter/Jumper3. What's your favorite horse breed and why?Oldenbergs and Hanoverians. I'm developing a thing for Andalusians though...4. What was your biggest shock/surprise in owning a horse, leasing a horse, or riding a horse?I wasn't too shocked by any of it. My horse herself gave me plenty of shocks...primarily that she wasn't a 3 year old with one year of racing, she was a 5 year old with 4!!5. What's your top favorite thing that you like about your horse?I love almost everything about her...her temperament (big sweety), her conformation, her movement...her gorgeous head...6. What was your biggest challenge ever since you started riding, or owning a horse? Retraining an ex-racehorse!!7. What would you like to get better at?Everything. I would love the chance to be able to ride a nice schoolmaster so I could just work on me and not worry about the horse I am riding. I would also like to get better at jumping again, I have a lot of bad habits from my mare. 8. Does your horse or the horse you lease have any vices?She doesn't stop and runs away with me, lol (j/k). No, she doesn't really have any vices. 9. What's the biggest thing you've accomplished so far?Retraining my ex-racehorse mare!10. Why do you love and ride horses?I've been in love with horses my whole life. They are beautiful sensitive animals and just being with them makes everything seem okay in the world.11.Why did you start riding?My mom rode when I was little and I was obsessed with them for as long as I can remember. It was torture being made to wait until I was 7 to ride!!12. Did you like this survey? Explain why or why not.Yeah, it was kinda fun...good procrastination!!

Bode

1. Turk or Turkistan2. English3. Thoroughbred and Quarter horse because I like them. =]4. idk5. EVERYTHING about HIM! =]]]6. Getting him from being so scared of things7. idk... 8. Grinding his teeth... ex-racing habit. =[9. OUR TRUST FOR EACH OTHER! =]]]10. I love and ride horses because it is my most favorite thing to do ever. 11. I started riding because my mom is an instructor and she put me on a horse when I was 6 months old. And I loved it! =]12. Sure.

Boi

1. Paris2. English, Hunter O/F and U/S3. Thoroughbred. They are athletic and smart and they are beautiful. They are so versatile and could make a perfect anything for anyone.4. The bills!! Holy cow!! lol5. His soft, pleasing eyes, that welcome you!6. Selling my pony and leaving the barn that had my dream mare.7. Riding in general and becoming more knowledgable and understanding of horses and everything about them.8. Every horse has a issue or problem, even if it is very tiny. My horse in specific tends to take advantage of me occasionally.9. The biggest thing I have accomplished so far is overcoming my fear of showing and falling and working my butt off to save my horses. They mean so much to me. I finally feel that same spark I felt when I first started riding. All I want to do is fly. And nothing can stand in my way.10. Horses have kept me out of bad things. I also love having a relationship with them. And the freedom of riding is an incredible experience.11.I don't remembre why I started riding, but I'm sure I had a good reason at the time.12. I like any survey that lets me talk about my horses and my passion.

Bob__Euchre

1. What's your horse's name, or the horse you lease? Rebel and Cleo2. What type of riding do you do? (English, Western, Dressage, etc.) Western Pleasure3. What's your favorite horse breed and why? Quarter Horse. Versatile and usually great dispositions4. What was your biggest shock/surprise in owning a horse, leasing a horse, or riding a horse? The cost5. What's your top favorite thing that you like about your horse? Rebel, very reliable. Best friend. Cleo is very sweet and charming6. What was your biggest challenge ever since you started riding, or owning a horse? Balancing work with horse ownership7. What would you like to get better at? I'd like to get better at balancing work with horse ownership8. Does your horse or the horse you lease have any vices? Neither do9. What's the biggest thing you've accomplished so far? Bringing up two very well mannered and beautiful horses10. Why do you love and ride horses? Horses are intelligent, affectionate and fun in general11.Why did you start riding? It's in the blood12. Did you like this survey? Explain why or why not. Yes, helped with my boredom

bobo

1. Romeo/Jacaranda Tasman2.Dressage and WP3.if your looking for the most gorgeous breed of horse go find a friesian.4.that is they dont want to do something, they WONT.5.he is versatile and half passes and cuts one of our dogs out of a pack of 7 of them in his paddock just cos he can with no encouragement.6.prolly jumping 1 meter on a shetland when i was a kid!7.braiding a tail8.no but hes dominant as hell9.champion on my little mini when i was four10.always have, always will11.cos my mum plopped me on a horse when i was two12.yeah i gave me something to do

BogotaCol

1. What's your horse's name, or the horse you lease? Fantasia, Mystical, and Simon2. What type of riding do you do? (English, Western, Dressage, etc.) Western3. What's your favorite horse breed and why?Quarter Horses and Clydesdalesquarter horses- because they are a very versitle horse. smart, agile, come in a variety of great colors etc. Clydesdales- because they are great gentle giants. they are hard working horses, love their ppl, they are my ultimate fav!! Simon is so pretty too.4. What was your biggest shock/surprise in owning a horse, leasing a horse, or riding a horse?Probably when i got Simon, my Clydesdale and i realized just how HUGE he was. LOL5. What's your top favorite thing that you like about your horse?They seem to understand me, what mood i am in. they comfort me when i need it, and they always seem to know what to do to cheer me up. Mystical always throws her head up at me as if to say cheer up! Fantasia does a "happy prance" that cracks me up. Simon nuzzles at my shoulder when he want loving. i love it!6. What was your biggest challenge ever since you started riding, or owning a horse? learning how to care for them. i learn something every day. when i first started ( i was a kid) it all seemed overwhelming. 7. What would you like to get better at?....learning how to hold back a bit. i tend to want to just go right into a full run instead of going through the paces. i cant help it, there is nothing like the feeling of a horse at full run wind in your hair that steady smooth rhythm of the their hooves clapping the ground! **i wanna go ride now**8. Does your horse or the horse you lease have any vices?Fantasia doesnt have any vices, Mystical has a bad habit bumping ppl if they are in her way! Simon loves to sniff pockets...he assumes everyone HAS to have a treat for him somewhere.9. What's the biggest thing you've accomplished so far?well...having horses!! i worked hard to have them!10. Why do you love and ride horses?answered that in #7!11.Why did you start riding? My parents grew up around them...it was just what we did.12. Did you like this survey? Explain why or why not.yes, i did. it reminded me of what i loved so much about my horses.

boice

1emon2.English jumping, some western, track3.Arabs, bvecaus I love the speed and the challenge with their hard headedness4. Coming around a corner and there is a tree to high to jump infront o you. I went flying5.He loves me and he is so soft and warm6.To convice him befo0re every practice to cooperate with me7.Jumping9. Get him under control10.Because they make me forget my troubles and make me feel as if i had wings11.Because I loved horses12.I loved it. I love doing those thingsShalom and God bless

boiiboii

1. Have three horses Bobzilla, Paco, Diamond Sue Tye (aka Sky)2. I ride trail with western or Aussie saddles3. I love draft horses. Just their size and their power combined with their normally easy-going dispositions amaze me. There is also NOTHING like ground-driving a team.4. Biggest suprise of horse ownership is definately the depth of the bond I developed. My horses are like my kids.5. Favorite thing about my horses is definately the way they nicker at me when I come feed. I know they are really saying "hurry up, already!" but I like to think at least a little of it means "hello!"6. Biggest challenge was overcoming fear. I was tossed off of my 19 hh Belgian draft and sustained a head injury. My confidence also took a pretty big hit!7. I would like to improve my balance and my "feel."8. Paco bucks when you push him out of his comfort zone - he doesn't like to leave his herd. at 1500 lbs, I am no match, so we work on improving his tolerance. I try to come home BEFORE he gets too excited. I find that allows me to take him farther and farther each time.9. I know its small potatoes next to folks that compete in high level shows, but when I was 14, my first horse was a 3 yo unbroke Arab. I already had a lot of horse experience and had worked with trainers at a local farm helping to train young horses. My biggest thrill was training my horse myself, and our greatest accomplishment was our first trail ride. He was so trusting, and we even saw a bear!10. I ride horses to "get away" It is my mini-vacation. My stress releif. That, and you can tell a horse anything, and he'll never take advantage of that! it is very therapeutic.11. I started riding at age 10. I have always loved horses. 12. I do like the survey - I like reading everyones answers!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast