Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are notes disappearing off my tumblr posts?

It's weird. For some of my posts the notes are gone and for some they're still there. Just wondering why that is.
    and follow me!
    http://romanticideals.tumblr.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately Im not well versed in the tumblr world, but I do know that in most social networks and blogspots there is an option for observers to report abuse and sometimes people report things that arent there if that makes any sense to you. It's not really a conclusive reason or fix, but something to think about I guess??

Unregistered
    The same thing happened to me too. For me, I realized that my notes disappear after a day or so. But when I see my posts from the dashboard they're there. Sadly, I recently started tumblr so I don't have much of a background. Yet I'm glad that I'm not the only one dealing with this problem. If you know the answer, let me know!

Unregistered
    the same thing happens to me >.<

i had a bunch of notes on multiple posts and its all gone.

Unregistered
    quite frustratingly this has happened to me on some of my earlier tumblr posts

google: kingdno

Unregistered
    tumblr(dot)immcdavis(dom)com/post/2421567429/how-to-make-your-tumblr-notes-reappear-on-older-posts

How to make your Tumblr notes reappear on older posts
    As you may have noticed, many older posts are now missing notes (likes, reblogs, replies) when viewing them by their direct URL. While I had earlier pondered whether they were lost forever or turned off after so many days, it looks like there’s no an answer.

Thanks to help from Kevin Burg, we were able to figure out that notes are apparently disabled after not receiving a like, a reblog or a reply after a certain period of days (we don’t know what this time frame is). The assumption is that this is to save Tumblr’s servers (as they’re guessing people are accessing the newest posts most often and therefore it’s more important those have notes when viewed than older posts).

Now, if you’d like to see the notes (say to reference a comment made in them) for an older post, the way to force Tumblr to regenerate notes is to like the post (considering you can’t like your own post, you’d need someone external to like the post or you’d have to reblog it). Once this happens, the notes once again show externally for a post.

Maybe this doesn’t really affect anyone, but sometimes I like to reference things that were in notes of posts originally. It’s good to know that’s still now possible (even if it is through some wierd hack).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kingdno

Downloads
    Uploads
    you’d need someone external to like the post or you’d have to reblog it