Volkswagen Beetle for first car?

ConnorM

Jun 26, 2008
Heyy guys, im going to get my driving liscence soon and my dream car is a volkswagen beetle, the older one, my budget is around 750 pounds. can anybody help? wheree can i find one for that amount of money?

Hey if your dreams a bug get one.. cheap to buy, maintain..fun to drive puts a smile on your face as you cruise along..
Have a look on ebay make sure its got mot, also take someone with you who knows a bit about cars get a 'Haynes' manual for it you'll soon learn some basic maintenance have fun...

first i would brush up on my spanner skills. vws need maintenance a little more than most. what i would also do is keep saving and buy a decent one or otherwise you will be constantly fixing a wreck when you could be crusin...

Honestly do your self a favour forget the Beetle ! Trust me, this is not a good introduction to motoring. The Beetle is a relic from the 1930s and I have had the unpleasant task of working on these things, "Hate" springs to my mind ! If you really want a Beetle, get a proper car first and then buy one when you get a bit older and can afford one that some kind person has restored.

you might have a hard time finding one for 750 pounds. heres a link to the samba classified list. i put in UK and these are the results.....http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?submit=yes&keywords=&type=text&stype=all&username=&yearfrom=&yearto=&pricefrom=&priceto=&model[]=&section[]=3&wanted=show&zip=&zipdist=0&state[]=Outside+the+USA&usaregion=&country=United+Kingdom&sort=date&sort_order=DESC&submitButton=Search

also check craigslist and ebay

Back