My boyfriends apartment complex runs this crooked deal with the local towing people. The signs posted say "no parking over 24 hours in the same spot". I've been moving my car, but what they failed to mention is that they monitor by watching the cars come in and out of the complex by video camera (so if you are moving your car within it doesnt matter).
On top of that the tow cost $400 to get my car!
They supposedly tow about 10 cars a day from the complex. When I went to the towing place the girl in front of me was from the same complex! Im pretty sure they must be getting some side money from this outrageous deal.

Finally to top the cake, I left the complex Fri morning at 730am, pulled back in around 230 pm and was towed at 330 am on saturday--- LESS than 24 hours.

What can I do about this to get my money back from these thieves!

* I was parked in visitor parking on the top level. Thats where the sign was (they allow 24 hours visiting).

Also isn't there something to protect against them ripping you off? Getting towed is one thing, but $400- thats absolutely outrageous. Its normally about 80-200 at Most!!!