i am tired of people arguing with me about religion?

Emma

May 18, 2008
i grew up in a religious family but i am not into that so when my family talks about it i simple try to avoid it. but then they say things like im going to burn in hell or i am posessed or have demons in me. the truth is that when religion is in a conversation that it always leads to aruing. i argue about alot of stuff and i dont want this to be another one i am sick and tired of it what should i do. ps these people are crazy with religion they force there religion down your throat
i am here to look for help not criticism
the worst of all is that they are Hippocrates to there word

Hi,

Please remember that no one is perfect. I know it may be irritating when Christians preach to you, but remember they are doing because they really LOVE and CARE for you, even if their method of approaching you isn't the best.

And I would also encourage you to please give God a chance in your life. Sincerely ask Him to reveal Himself to you.

Have a nice day.

Cut them off if they dont' respect your views. Well don't cut them off but simply avoid them if they refuse to stop doing this to you.

Well your intelligence is showing..THe religion and sprirituality site is a reall good place to go to not talk about religion

Tell them that Jesus wouldn't be shoving religion down your throat and condemning people. (if they're Christian, that's usually just what I assume when someone says "Religious")

Cry me a frickin river! At least you have a home, at least you have family who cares enough about you to be concerned for your salvation. You could have it alot worse, and sitting on Y!A and generalizing that all of those who believe in God/Jesus "force there religion down your throat" is futile nonsense.

Just try to avoid it as best you can. Alternatively, you can study up on religion so that you can crush them in a debate, then they will be afraid to talk to you about it. Worked for me.

I hate people who try to force other to believe the same thing as them. I if were you, i would try and calmly tell them that to not be as religious as them is your choice and you don't want to talk about it with them anymore. (I personally would also tell them to back off with all the forcing of religion, but that might not work in your situation.... )

There's no great solution for that. You can either leave the room - or the house - when they bring up a topic you don't want to discuss. Or you can try to relax, see the humor in it, and realize that since you aren't going to hell all you have to do is deal with these ignorant people wailing at you with their silly superstitions for a couple hours.

The next time Grandma starts yelling at you about going to hell, picture her in a viking wolf pelt saying - I can't believe you didn't drink the goat's blood! Do you know how mad Thor's going to be?? You'll be lucky to avoid the underworld now!

tell em to stfu and suck on a gallon of milk it does a body good.

And learn how to be impartial.. and how to be agreeable even if you disagree.

Well. You don't have to argue. About you read the bible all to your self. Go to some website like jw.org or jw-media.org or watchtower.org then pray to jehovah our god to help you. He will. Anger is not the answer is matthew 7:7 says keep on seeking then you will find.

Tell them that religion is not what God has told us to follow. He has told us to follow Jesus Christ. Tell them that if they will start following Him, all of the anger, fighting, name calling and brawling will stop and they will learn to love each other from Him. Then, stop arguing with them.

Back