For those who ask why atheists are in the Religion and Spirituality section...?

Jabberwock1

Sep 23, 2010
Why are there ever religious people in ANY OTHER section?

Just like historians in the Cats section, or astronomers in the Soccer section?
@XY GTHO: So you feel it's would be quite wrong of ANYONE in R&S to disagree with others' religious claims? Given the number of contradictory claims of different religions, what would that leave to talk about? Plus, if people wish to discuss the negative aspects of religion in their lives, which section should they use if *not* R&S? I'd quite happily use the football section to complain about supporters rioting in my street, yet you feel I shouldn't use R&S to discuss what religious people do in my country? Double standards or what!
@XY GTHO: "Don't put words in my mouth"

I have not used the word 'stupid' anywhere here. Read above again. I referred to 'disagreement'. If we limit *who* can disagree by their own personal beliefs, then we end free speech. If not, then *anyone* can discuss *anything* here as long as it is on-topic. Disagreement is perfectly allowed. I don't condone abuse or breaking guidelines, but that's not what my question asks. I'm referring to *who* can participate here (or any other section), and that's a response to the repeated complaints of atheists just BEING here, not about complaints of bad conduct. So please don't put words in my mouth.

Back