Hi, I was wondering if this would over cook the roast. Tomorrow for dinner I am making a 3 1/2 lbs beef roast. Usually I would start the roast around 9 in the morning and let it cook 7-8 hours on low, however I won't have time in the morning to start it like I normally do (I cook the roast for 2 hours in the crock pot before adding the veggies). I have the veggies ready to go, and all I need to do is brown the roast a little and I'll be good to go. I was wondering though, if I started it tonight would my roast still be okay? I use 4 cups of beef soup base and a little red wine when I'm cooking for 7-8 hours, would I need to increase the amount of liquid if I were to cook it 14-15 hours? Is it even okay to cook it for that long? I am worried that my taters will turn to mush and that my celery and carrots will become soggy. Would starting the meat now (with the soup base) be okay, and just let that cook for 5-6 hours - then when I get up in the morning add the veggies? I am also afraid my meat will turn to string.

Please help!

Also, prepping everything in the ceramic insert and then chilling it in the fridge is out of the question. I have a small apartment sized fridge and my insert will not fit. I've tried before. Still won't solve the cooking the meat first for 2 hours, then adding veggies problem.