Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do Beats by Dre Tour or iBeats break easily?

I want to get one of them and I am worried one or the other aren't strong enough, I had Solo's without a warranty that broke, so I'm worried one of them will break. Also if you post "Don't waist your money by a different pair" I will remove it.

I would use them just for a bus ride 5 days a week

Unregistered

Ibeats and tours

The ibeats and tours are pretty sturdy. I've had my ibeats for about 2 weeks, and they've had a lot of punishment. dropped them, snagged them, accidently slammed them into a pole during a fight with some guy. But they're fun and look new. However on the ibeats there's one major issue that im really ticked off about. The back casing where it has that iconic b logo on the back of the ibeats tends to dent a lot, the metal casing around the middle of the ibeats can also be dented but is much less likely to do so, and is very hard to even see the dents. but the back casing can look pretty ugly if you look pretty close with all those dents and shit. On the tours, i've only had them for a week, since i borrowed them from a friend and they're pretty sturdy too. Overall, both the ibeat and tours are pretty sturdy,they don't break easily, however they can be damaged in terms of looks, such as denting on the metal casing on the back of the earphones, but sense you're only gonna use them on a bus ride i'd recomnd them.

Unregistered
    Ii got my first paiir of ibeats in this past decemeber and my second pair of ibeats just broke again. The ibeats tend to crackle out when I a listening to them and my first pair was due to the jack that you put in your ipod. The tours have that L shaped jack which keep the wire from bending. I would pay the extra 50 for the tours that is what I am going to do.

Unregistered
    Mine just fuckin broke the left ear sounds like it blew out and I havnt gone past 2/3 volume

Unregistered
    I have had iBeats before and they were really durable and had A very good sound range and bass. But I stupidly returned them. But I might get Beat Tours for Christmas. I also heard Tours are a more better choice than iBeats. But in my opinion, depends on your ear because everyone's ear is different. And some people find the Tours uncomfortable.

Unregistered

Yes! Ridiculous!

I have had problems with both, had ibeats and luckily got warrenty, they broke in the right ear and I got them replaced.. same happened again and this time HMV had gone bust (I took my warrenty out with them) so I had to go through a looonnnggg process of sending them to Netherlands to find out iBeats had been discontinued, then they gave me the choice of having the Tours so I got them.. worked fine for about 4 months and the right ear has gone! weirdly, it sounds better but not good without the earbud and can't hear a thing with the earbud. Still love them and I am willing to send them off again to get a new pair, just depends if your willing to go through a lot of hassle!