Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to make xvid files play on windows vista?

im trying 2 watch a movie that needs xvid but it wont play even after i download the xvid file it says download xvid

Its not asking for money and it works on my desktop

Downloads
    Uploads
    the video is a fake if its asking for money, did you read the comments first

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, try using the vlc media player by videolan. It plays nearly any file without the need for any external codecs whatsoever. It can play corrupted and incomplete files as well as files you are still downloading and its a free simple player,

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (official site) This is the easy way to play files.

If you want to make windows media player play any file I recommend the shark007 codec pack. I use and trust the shark007 codec pack,

http://www.shark007.net/ (official site for shark007 codec pack)

http://shark007.net/forum/ (shark007 help forums, shark007 is an expert)

http://shark007.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page (shark007 wiki help page, incomplete at the moment but useful info on there)

Go to the above link and choose the pack for whichever version of windows you may have. You have to go down to the bottom of the page for the download link which will take you to majorgeeks site for the download.

Once installed, go into the shark007 settings application options window and under the help tab choose (windows filetype association) and click on it. Then go to the misk tab and turn all those annoying ffdshow and haali media splitter icons off. Then go to the config tab in the shark007 applications window and click on ffdshow video config and under codecs click on mpeg2 and choose either libavcodec or libmpeg2, and click on decode dvd at the bottom and hit apply and close it out. That way you can play dvd's with windows media player.

Also go back into the shark options window and under config tab again click on ffdshow audio config and go down to processing and uncheck everything except (16 bit integer) and click apply and close it out. And if you choose to uninstall this pack use the shark007 options window under help and click on uninstall, do not use the regular windows uninstaller. One last thing, do not believe the crap about the shark007 pack having a virus, it is a false positive that the owner shark007 has already submitted to the major antivirus companies for review.

If you follow these instructions you should be able to play nearly any video or audio file with windows media player. If you don't want to do all this just get vlc media player. I do not recommend k-lite codec pack, it has broken my system 3 times now.

I hope this helps you out.