Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I take a picture of my car and put it on a tshirt?

I'm trying to get an understanding of infringment laws. I see a lot of vintage coca cola tshirts reproduced and wonder how it's legal. For example could I take a picture of my corvette and make a corvette tshirt? Antique or modern? Is it only infringment if I make a fake corvette and try to sell it as a corvette?

I'm looking to produce myself and sell. I see a lot of people making and selling vintage items and was just wondering how people do this. You still need permission to reproduce an antique item correct?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can u could go to staples and give them the picture of your car and they could make a t-shirt for you or you can find a small t-shirt company and give them the picture so they can make it

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure they will not look upon it as a threat,
    If you are making 30,000 it might be a different deal

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure they will not look upon it as a threat,

If you are making 30,000 it might be a different deal

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter if you're selling it or not; the issue is whether you have the right to use the creative work and the answer is yes you do. If you took the photo then you own the copyright and can duplicate it and sell it to others or print it on a shirt. It will not violate anyone's copyright because you own the copyright.

However, if Corvette is a registered trademark in the area of clothing (and it is), you have to be careful that you are not creating any likelihood of confusion in the marketplace as this would be trademark infringement. If it's clear that you're only selling a home-made shirt with your own photo, then it would be considered a "permitted use" of the Corvette brand as incidental to selling your shirt. If you were to advertise it, however, I'd suggest saying, "a corvette photo on a shirt" rather than "Corvette shirt" because the latter would suggest you are selling a Corvette brand shirt, which you're not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter if you're selling it or not; the issue is whether you have the right to use the creative work and the answer is yes you do. If you took the photo then you own the copyright and can duplicate it and sell it to others or print it on a shirt. It will not violate anyone's copyright because you own the copyright.

However, if Corvette is a registered trademark in the area of clothing (and it is), you have to be careful that you are not creating any likelihood of confusion in the marketplace as this would be trademark infringement. If it's clear that you're only selling a home-made shirt with your own photo, then it would be considered a "permitted use" of the Corvette brand as incidental to selling your shirt. If you were to advertise it, however, I'd suggest saying, "a corvette photo on a shirt" rather than "Corvette shirt" because the latter would suggest you are selling a Corvette brand shirt, which you're not.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you can u could go to staples and give them the picture of your car and they could make a t-shirt for you or you can find a small t-shirt company and give them the picture so they can make it

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can make a shirt with a corvette on it...but you cant sell it,, you can wear it

Downloads
    Uploads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast