Why isn't my DivX Player opening?

JurgenRae

Oct 18, 2010
So i just downloaded a DivX player 2 days ago and when i first used it, it worked perfectly obviously.

But now i have some files only able to be opened by the DivX player and whenever i click on the files to open them it shows the loading sign for a second then nothing happens.

At first i thought it was just something wrong with the files, but when i tried to open the Divx player itself it did the same thing; made the loading sign for a second and then nothing happened.

So basically my Player and everything DivX related won't open. What can i do to fix this? Or do i have to re-download the DivX Player..?

I hear that the xvid codec is a subtle alternative. Allows WMP to play DivX files. No need to install DivX. Apparently.

I hear that the xvid codec is a subtle alternative. Allows WMP to play DivX files. No need to install DivX. Apparently.

VLC Player is much better, you should use it instead. DivX Player stopped working on my pc so I unistalled it and VLC has been working. I'm pretty sure it does almost every video extension out there, and it is shareware.

VLC Player is much better, you should use it instead. DivX Player stopped working on my pc so I unistalled it and VLC has been working. I'm pretty sure it does almost every video extension out there, and it is shareware.

Back