"truth" tobacco commericials, your thoughts?

Haley

May 22, 2008
what are your thoughts on these commercials?
some of them are dark, some of them are funny.
my thoughts are they are real turn offs to smoking to young viewers, and I appreciate that,
whenever I see these commercials smoking is disgusting, as it always is. as being 13 and never smoked a cigarette in her life, what are your thoughts?

They can definitely deter people from starting smoking, but everyone knows how disgusting it is and how dangerous it is. One way they probably help is with young kids who have parents who smoke. They can really scare children, and any good parent would quit smoking to help settle their child's fears of death or illness.

Hey, if someone is so mindless as to be swayed by that nonsense, I guess it doesn't bother me.

i think they're awful. as in the images and stuff are awful, mostly because it's all true. from discussions with my family and people i know - of all ages - who smoke, i think that these ads are good at preventing people, especially young people, from taking up smoking. but they aren't so effective at getting people to quit, which is what their aimed at doing. the people i know who smoke think that they will be lucky and not get cancer and die, hence they ignore the ads as propaganda.

Back