Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

are the REWRIGHTABLE DVD's like the usb memory sticks?

i neva used any before !!! :O

what should i know about them before i use them pelase :|

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow never used a rewrightable, i mean rewriteable DVD before.

Yes you can store data on them but pay attention to the + or - signs on your DVD writer. Now-a-days they all come "+-DL" and buy the appropriate blank disc.

Re-writing you must only add to it, as long as it isn't finalized. And if your rewriting it must be larger then the data already on the disc. You can't rewrite a disc with 400mb already on it, with 399mb worth of data. As you must use those sectors already used.

And its all about preferrence, as if you have data you dont want to loose you will put it on a DVD Disc unlike a flash drive which is for mostly tempory storage.. the USB disc can be corrupted, formated or plain fail... DVD rewrite disc will never be replaced, just as Tape media which is now the best form of data backup and so is the DVD Disc, and BlueRay Disc will make lovely backups too.

Junior Member AntoineBlanchette's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    they both store up to anything in it but USBs are way more useful since you can access its data faster and can be used on more things that mostly computers

Downloads
    Uploads
    it wont last as long and it will start to have less and less space til its old dead and corrupt, but im not sure how long that takes. all i know is that they last a lot less time than usb drives

Downloads
    Uploads
    you can record any thing you want and if you don't want to save it just record over the video just like a video tape it had to be a rewrite able dvd

Downloads
    Uploads
    mlmlm

Downloads
    Uploads
    It has the same principle, but they're not the same. Rewerigtable dvds take way too much more time to put the new data on them and they tend to write at slower speed with every next burning. Also, they screw up in time. An average usb stick can do around 100 000 writes before it becomes unstable. Dvds may go down in 3-4 times - depends on lot of things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are like USBs, they can temporarily hold data and then can be deleted at a later date. However they can't replace USBs as the other computer may not have a rw DVD drive. They are more expensive then normal DVD discs. I use them to play DVDs on a DVD player then deleting them and putting a new one on hope this helps