Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

dvd issue with windows media player 12?

i have made a dvd with encore cs5, and it works fine with vlc and my tv dvd player, but it doesn't play on windows media player 12, how can i fix this? wmp says that dvd region is not valid, but i have built the dvd as region free (should work on any region)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Making DVDs without a region code is not the best idea. Increasingly DVD players, including on computers, are rejecting DVDs without a region code. The idea is to thwart pirating. I can't speak for WMP12 as I don't use it and have no desire to. It may be a function of WMP12 or a function of the DVD drive rejecting a DVD without a region code. Alternately you did make it with a region code, but an incorrect one. That wouldn't explain why it works on the other DVD player unless that player is region free. VLC doesn't care.