How often are you suppose to have sex?

Mar 4, 2008
Okay so me and my boyfriend are 22 and 23. I am older by 3 months. We make love about 6 times a week. We see eachother everyday. He lives on the other side of the city but he picks me up from work and school and somehow we always manage to see eachother everyday. he's an amazin boyfriend. I haven't been with that many guys. Like only a few, literally. I really enjoy having sex with him but he says we do it too much. he says that he wants to enjoy me, mentally not just physically. we do talk a lot and I really enjoy his company, even when we are not making love. is 6 times a week too much? how often are u suppose to make love a month?

As much as you want. There is no limit, no real normal figure. If he thinks you're doing it too much, then maybe you should pull back; otherwise, he might start to resent you. Talk about it.

Well, six times a week is a ton...I think if he wants to enjoy you mentally, then maybe at most twice a week.That way, he can focus more on who you are.

no not at all. as long as you both are wanting it. but try taking a break for him. don't let your selves get in the situation where you can have sex. and give it a couple weeks and see what happens.

there isn't a limithaving sex can be good for youbecause its good excersizejust don't get addicted to it!

Enjoy it now. when you get married and older, you wont be bumpin' uglies that much in a year. 6 times a week is OK.

Everyone is different and has there own view of what is a lot. Personally 6 times a week is barely nothing. Maybe he just wants you all to do more together. Try going out more and finding new things to do.

I think if I saw my guy everyday I'd be doing the same thing.. As it is we see each other at weekends and we are up to it every chance we get throughout those few days. Sometimes he's over from evening to mid morn and I can't get enough of him or he me. Theres no real 'measure' its what makes you feel good.

As much as you like, there is no set amount of times you should make love. As long as you are both enjoying it and you love each other, have fun!

you can never have to much sex if he really thought you were having to much sex then why would he keep doing it?!?! you can enjoy your mentality also! 6 times a week is pretty sufficient i think and not to much or to little!

I thought that I was trying to be intimate with my bf more than he wanted too. It got under my skin a few times when he has turned me down. So I asked my best friend's husband (we're really close too) and he told me that what I wasn't considering is that maybe he's masturbating too, and then when I want some sexy time, he's not "feeling up to it." I laid off, even though it was a little difficult, but it was fine. I adjusted and he finds my playing it cool very attractive.

hell no 6 times a week it a little you and your boyfriend are both young so if you can do it more that go ahead , actually sex is god for you, try having it atleast 2 times a day you will feel the fun , just dont over do it .

There is not a set # as long as u both enjoy it. But if he telling u its too much and he wants to enjoy u in other ways then don't take what he is saying for granted. If u want this relationship to last, then I would advise u to so slow down. So when u do make love to each other, u would have miss each other so much, it will be much more pleasurable. Plus u wouldn't want to get wore out.

I can see your boy friends point of view, that he enjoys your company for yourself and you feel the same way to a certain extent, not that I'm against sex at all, but too much of a good thing seems to leave no time for anything else. Unfortunately when you are so attracted to each other, it must be very difficult to say no, but I still feel that 6 times a week is not too much, if you were spending the whole day together and it was the climax to a most enjoyable outing or occasion.

It's healthy and I'm sure your in really good shape. I had sex 12 times a week over the summer and let me tell you something, I was ripped. It's a good alternative to cardio at the gym and a great excuse to not work out.

Back