Why are so many people confused about age of consent laws?

<333

Mar 23, 2008
The age of consent in most states in the US is 16 that means at 16 you can have sex with anyone 16 and older and it is not illegal. If your 16 daughter has a 32 year old boyfriend and they have sex it is not illegal in most places. (Gross but not illegal) I see questions on here from parents wanting to throw their girls 19 20 y/o boyfriends in jail because their daughter is pregant. I have a daughter so i know that it is frustrating and upsetting to think about it but still it is completely legali know in my state this teacher had sex with a student he was in his 30's and she was 17. Lost his job because it was unethical but was not charged with statutory rape. Out law is 16 for age of consent and that outragged people in the community. But here that is legal if he was not her teacher her parents could not of even gotten him fired

You are wrong starting with your first sentenceThe age of consent in most states in the US is 16 that means at 16 you can have sex with anyone 16 and older and it is not illegal.Every state is different. Common sense says avoid anyone sexually under 18. Period

Actually in most states, being 16 you can consent to someone with in a 2 year range. I.E. 16-18, 17-19.A 16 year old and a 32 is illegal just about everywhere (everywhere that has real science in their school curriculum anyways)

Actually in a lot of states the age of consent is 16 but the partner must still be within a certain age such as 2 years from the age of the minor. For instance my husband is 5 years older than me. When i was 17 he was 22 and still eligable to be charged with statutory rape of a minor because he was a legal adult and I was not. In my state a 16 year old can consent to sex with a partner up to age 18. And the reason most people become confused is because the laws vary from state to state and the age of the person they are having sex with changes the laws in many states.

Back