Hi everyone. I've been driving my husband's Nissan Altima coupe. We know for a fact that the alignment is off. The two tires on the passenger side of the car were completely bald and I had them replaced. The mechanic told me and showed me that the front driver's side tire was also in bad shape. Unfortunately, I could only afford to replace two tires and cannot afford a third one until November 1st.

The car has been shimmying for quite some time, and the mechanic said it was definitely due to the front driver's side tire that I wasn't able to replace. The car shakes violently starting at 65 mph...to the point that the wheel shakes, the seats shake, the dash shakes, and if I try to talk, my voice even shakes.

I know that I need to get the tire replaced, and I also know I need to get the root problem fixed. My question however, is how dangerous would it be to drive the vehicle under these conditions? I had to take a 7 hour road trip before I got the two bald tires replaced, and I have to say, the shaking was scary. I didn't feel as though I had completely control of the car.

I do plan on getting this fixed as soon as I can.