What are the chances of getting sued for limewire ?

about 1 in 100,000,000; it's limewire they need to bust, not the people using it......sure, sure, there's loads of legal files on it too...yeah, yeah...

Rather low actually.They don't go after the casual users. Only the people who download/host thousands upon thousands of songs/videos.

Very low..... but the chances of that emo dude getting his ass kicked for being a douchebag are the same as me taking a dump tomorrow

It depends. How popular are you on the internet. If very popular, I think you should stop using Limewire or downloading illegal files. If not that popular, it's your decision. Even though I say that you should stop using Limewire even if you're succumb to peer-pressure.

just Torrent. I can't believe ppl are still using p2ps... i mean i dont even torrent anymore I just search for .zip files on storages bases like rapidshare, megaupload, mediafire, and badongo... ppl underestimate the power of a search engine. I get over 20 albums a day most not even released yet

RIAA has already won a few really large judgments, so it's up to you.toulaqueen is partially correct - there's nothing illegal about limewire itself. But using limewire to download copyrighted content CAN get you sued and, in most cases, bankrupted. It's not limewire that's illegal, it's stealing content that is, regardless of what tool you use to steal it.

if they catch you, you have to pay them a fine of 300 dollors for each song you have downloaded and it gives oyu viruses and makes people track you easier

first of all, you will not get sued lol..i'll tell you everything you need to know don';t worry.limewire has a free version, which is most probabally what we all havethen the pro..they wouldn't but the free version on there and then sue for using it,but to ensure that you do not get sued or in trouble, the best thing would to do is whever you download anything click on your library highlight everything in it and click stop sharing file..sharing files basically means other people can download it from you, and if it's illegal file then you can get in trouble..but apart from that you should be fineee :)

1 in 9 songs are being monitered on limewire, people who share music can be traced through ip addresses. Try right clicking on the next song and click on "browse host", in the search tab above there is a number (most likely 192. something etc.) this is the ip address of the computer that shares the files. Very very easy to trace. Pretty naive answers above.

Back