Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will Limewire mess up my computer ?

My mates say it will but i thought I should ask you lot.I am going to buy something like norton anti virus. wll that keep my computer safe from viruses thru limewire ?I will wait till i have installed the norton thing till i download any music.

Sekkennight

The short answer is yes. Just be careful what you download, and remove the darn thing when you have what you want.I hate limewire.

Sebastian B

if you have an old p.c with little memory then yes... if not then no

SeikoPsycho

it is a very high virus risk!! in limewire you are sharing files from other computers so if they are infected so will you be. like drinking after a stranger, if they re sick so will you. a guy at roadrunner said it was one of the worst programs you can have on your pc. good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, It does not i have limewire and my computer runs perfectly, but it does increase the amount of Ad-Ware on your computer any decent ad blocker should do the trick.

SecretPeter

Well If u have virus scanners, and spyware..also a firewall i dont see how it would mess your computer up...Ive had limewire on this computer for like years and seems to be fine!!!! but really its upto you..

selena c

only if you download a virus and ignore the warning you get and open it. make sure your anti-virus is up to date. i use limewire all the time and my computer is fine

Downloads
    Uploads

you have to be sensible when downloading the files.If you go to download a song,it should be around 4000kb .If you see a song which is eg. 93kb , stay away from it because it could be a virus. And they do mess up your computer

Downloads
    Uploads

Any time you are downloading a file from someone you take the chance that the file is infected with a virus. So the answer is yes. Ares.com is just like limewire but better.

SEEKER

Limewire will not mess up your computer. Ok, I guess the adware that's installed with the software can cause problems. Shareaza does the same thing and doesn't have adware. Limewire used to have a pay version for about $15 that didn't have any adware. I don't know if you want to spend the money, but the software is better.What messes up your computer is when using any P2P client (or even Bit Torrent downloads) is the adware/spyware and viruses you download with the files you download. Be especially careful about downloading zip and exe files; make sure you have your anti virus software running when you try to open these files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast