Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    iknato0n

Is it normal to have actual physical pain from having my heart broken?

Yeah... it can really mess with you. Gives you an empty sort of feeling that can actually be painful at times. It has also led to anxiety attacks or whatever you want to call them with me. Doesn't always get better... unless you find a way to fill the void. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

,,Yes It is called anxiety,, This can and does cause actual pain, pain in the chest, headaches and even backaches.. Depression, want to sleep all the time, and more.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes. It hurts. But when it's over, you'll be so glad you went through the pain. You'll never have your heart broken like that again. Trust me. It's a great learning experience.

Downloads
    Uploads

yes, i too have felt the same. In my case, time has healed my wound and i discovered more about my identity. I suggest do not be hard on yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Emotional pain can cause physical pain too. Your mind has a lot of control over your body. If you feel down, it's also likely that you start feeling physical pain or get sick more easily than when you are happy.

iheart_you_too2

When my first love of 2 years cheated on me with someone who was meant to my best friend, I was physically sick with what had happened, It was to do with anger,upset, confusion all rolled up in to one i hated the feeling as i felt my heart just beat so fast with the pain of what had happend. It can be normal for people to feel some physical pain when there emotions are running riot as breathing can be more intense with the feeling of the stress of what has happened.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well. Sometime when U are REALLY REALLY sad you kind of sink. If that makes any since. It feels as if a brick is hitting you at full speed and it just WONT stop, and u would give anything for it just to go away. It is this deep pain that only comes to us when we lose someone we REALLY care about. Whether it is if they leave us in death, or in romance. You feel as if you won't make it one more day without this person.I know, it's long. But when i answer a ? that i can truly relate to, i kind of start to babble on, so Sry. I am truly sorry about ur pain. Best of wishes. O. Another peice of advice, the pain goes away eventually.

iheartlaura

Depends on you. The physical pain that you are feeling is manly mental and stress induced. Don't know if this knowledge will help any the mind is the most powerful thing we have.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I do believe that having a broken heart can cause actual physical pain. Depression can make your body hurt physically, as well as emotionally. I'm so sorry for you, I know what it feels like. I remember having a feeling such as the one you described, it felt like a giant hole in the center of my chest. Believe me, you will feel better with time. Just having someone to talk with can help ease the pain, also. Don't hide your feelings, get them out. Cry, vent, do whatever it takes to get those feelings out. Trapped and pent up emotions can come out in other ways, (like sickness) if they are not allowed to be expressed.I hope you feel better as soon as possible!

Downloads
    Uploads

and now u know why they associate the emotion love w/hearts. yeh, it is possible to experience physical pain from the stress. and i know exactly what u mean....i've been there......i really did experience physical pain in my chest. to the point where i reallllly felt like i could no longer breath sometimes. iknow this advise sucks right now, but trust me eventually it will get better. surround ur self w/possitive, supportive people, and when u feel like being alone, b alone. and alow ur self to cry, scream, whatever u feel like u need to do. don't bottle it up inside, or you will just carry it around that much longer. and don't listen to the people tell you, you need to move on when they think ur ready......you move on and let go when U are ready. this is ur life and only u know what's best 4 u in the grand scheme of things. you'll figure it out soon, i promise. good luck 2 you!! i will say a prayer 4 u tonight. =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123