Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

A B C D E F G ? I know do re mi fa sol la si do. Is there any connection between the two.?

do re mi fa so la ti do, are words used to sing a vocal scale.CDEFGABC are music notes, like you would see in piano or guitar music. You would sing the CDEFGABC notes using the do re mi fa so la ti do. Hehe, FYI: unrelated to your question. The alphabet song, "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP...QRSTUV...WXY and Z" is sung to the same tune as "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"

Downloads
    Uploads

A B C D E F G ? I know do re mi fa sol la si do. Is there any connection between the two.?

They are the notes in an octave and their pitch and sounds

dpunk00

I'm not SURE but it seems there could be. Do re mi fa sol la si do is a measure of vocalizing an escalating scale. The letters a through g are notes of the major scale. Considering the first and last vocalization is "do", and the first and last note of a scale are the same, I would suggest that perhaps this pattern is applied when vocalizing a scale.

Downloads
    Uploads

It depends on what KEY you are in, if you are in the key of C, than C is do, but this is because there are no flats or sharps to raise or lower the key. It depends on the number of sharps and flats that are in the key signature what key you are in, whatever key you are in is what do is ( if you are in the key of f, F is do...etc).. and DO RE MI FA SOL LA TI( or Si) DO are the sol feg, you use that to learn how to sing a piece and get your pitches correct.. C D E F G A B are the notes...you do sol feg for the notes of a piece to learn the pitches... HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Dr Know It All

Do - CRe - DMi - EFa- FSol - GLa - ASi/Ti -B

dr schmitty

yes ok here is the thing a-g are the lines and spaces like on a treble staff the spaces are f-a-c-e and lines e-g-b-d-fbass cleft lines e-g-b-d-f- and spaces a-c-e-g

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12