Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dr. B

Atheists: don't you wish that Christians could make their points without using biblical scripture?

I would. If I wanted to read a racist, genocidal, biogeted, intolerant book I would have read Mein Kampf

Downloads
    Uploads

Atheists: don't you wish that Christians could make their points without using biblical scripture?

Trick question; Xians can't make their points without quoting their Bible.In order to prove their Bible true.

Downloads
    Uploads

It sounds like you are afraid of the bible

dounut

I'm agnostic but am answering this anyway.Yes, I do. BUT not all of them are like that. Contrary to what some narrowminded Atheists, such as yourself, believe, not all Christians are fundie retards. The ones who are though yeah they really do need to wake up to reality.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lawyers use evidence from prior cases all the time. It's called being scholarly. Anyone who argues a point in a research paper also use quotes from established prior sources.As far as scriptures go, I guess the real mistake is in perhaps assuming that the reader will understand them, even though most of the time it is just reading comprehension.

DoWHATiDO

The point is usually to close rather than open any chance of an actual debate.But I can do it as an example to strengthen my point.Remember this little gem:Jeremiah 6:13 (NIV) "From the least to the greatest, ALL are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, ALL practice deceit."

Downloads
    Uploads

So you think the Word of God is a security blanket or baby pacifier? That just shows how little you know about the power of God. Hope you give me a thumbs down and at least live up to your word of giving a buck to charity.

DR W

I try not to support religious arguments because they are futile and they will never be resolved. However, Christians quote scripture because that is the basis of their religion. The bible is thought to come from God and it is believed to be God's word. Its the same thing as the Jewish having the Torrah (I think that's how you spell it). It's the basis of their beliefs and so that's what they use to defend their religion.Just wondering, what are you basing all of your arguments on?

Dr Law

I suppose I do...in much the same way as they must get annoyed with us using scientific facts.I'm used to it, though...faithies believe their scriptures are the word of god, so it's only natural on that basis for them to refer to it as their divine source. They're people of FAITH...they can't see the circular logic of it...even though it sticks out like canine testicles to the rest of us.

Downloads
    Uploads

They act like just because it is in the bible it must be true.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast