good books for a 14 year old girl?

DrDoom

Feb 23, 2008
I love to read and I just turned fourteen. Some things I've read are the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series (my favorite ever! can't wait for the next book!), Inkheart, The Thief Lord, Eragon, and lots of other things. I've heard that City of Bones, Tithe by Holly Black, and books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are all good. Would you recommend any of them? Also, based on my book interests (especially TWILIGHT SERIES!!!) what would be some books I would like? Spring break leaves a lot of reading time. :)Musicgurl - Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I am in the middle of reading Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment. It is actually very good by the way and a few of the people that saw me read it said that the series was sooo good. I really like it, too. :)

the giver, anthem, the outsiders, night, to kill a mockingbird!

CORALINE by Neil Gaiman.I LOVE TWILIGHT DANGCoraline is nice. you can read it in just about an hour yet, you'll enjoy the book a lot. it's very, very nice.btw i just turned 15. n_n

i lovethe gossip girl seriesthe alice series[phyllis reynolds naylor]princess diaries volumes[meg cabot]the mediator series[meg cabot]those are my favorites

I always loved the Wondergirls series of books. My personal favorites. :)

I love reading the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. There are 5 books in the series, and the 5th one just came out! They are about a group of kids that were genetically changed when they were babies and have some bird DNA, so they can fly. it tells all about their adventures, and how Max the main character must try to save the world! I think it would be a great series to read since you have all of spring break to read! I hope this helped! oh and i haven't read Inkheart or any of the others but they sound really good!

I would really recommend the book, Uglies and the other that follow it, pretties, specials, and extras, (written by Scott Westerfield). They are great although i read them really quick and was sad when i still had a whole weekend left. Since you have already done the AWESOME twilight thing i would suggest reading some fanfics www.ramblingsandthoughts.com some other vampire books that i like are the house of night series which include marked, betrayed, and chosen, these are good books but have strong language and doesn't show as much moral values. (it also bugs me that the vamps don't sparkle in the sun) I also like Tamora Peirce books about girl heros the first series Alanna is good but also talks about some things but nothing as bad as marked. (set of four books) then wild magic also by Tamor Peirce I love these books and have read them so many times pages are falling out. (sad thing is I know the missing parts and could quote them word for word)

Laurie Halse Anderson:SpeakTwistedCatalystFever 1793PromLynne Ewing:Daughters of the MoonSisters of IsisSons of the DarkFrancine Pascal:Fearless seriesCarrie Asai:Samuari Girl seriesI hope these help = ) if you want more suggestions, let me know = )

I highly recommend Shirley Jackson's We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Fantastic book. You will love the character Merricat. Pax-CMusicgurl - there are only 4 Max Ride books.

How about the Uglies series? Agatha Christie murder mysteries? The ttyl series?

The site below often helps. Type in a title and/or author and it will come up with some recommendations.

The first "adult" book I ever read, at the urging of my mother, was Magic Kingdom for Sale/Sold, by Terry Brooks. For many years after it was my favorite book and he was my favorite author (For that book and many of his others.). It's about a man who, during an emotional crisis in his life, drops a million dollars on a magic kingdom, that he doesn't really believe even exists. It then goes into the trials and tribulations of trying to be king in a fantasy world run amok. It's creative, adventurous, and slightly humorous.I could also recommend books by Laurell K. Hamilton. Her Anita Blake series. It's a little (a lot) racy and probably not a series you'd likely share with your mother until a much later point in your life, but it's something that I would have really enjoyed when I was 14.It chronicles the adventures of a vampire executioner and her involvement with the vampires, werewolves, and other magical creatures.I've included the wiki entry for Anita Blake.

I hav to agree that the books you've read are good!Have you read Artemis Fowl books? They are fantastic! They are sarcastic, hilarious, serious and really, really engaging. They're by Eoin Colfer (no that's not a spelling mistake, he's Irish). Also.... this is hard... depends on what u like. Maybe some books by Meg Rosoff? They're good... This prob sounds corny, but the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes is actually really interesting! since u like the Twilight Series (me too!) maybe try Dracula. (seriously, my friend LUVS it)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PerfectBooks/ has tons of great books. Specifically Meg Cabot books are the best!

Back