Illegal videos on torrents and p2p sharing sites?

Isturite

Jul 1, 2010
I've had this happen to me a number of times where I download a file labeled as something, but instead it is some terribly disturbing video, and it sometimes is very disturbing... I remember a long time ago I was downloading a Korn music video, i think it was "got the life"... I open the video, and it's a girl tied to a chair who is shot in the head, filmed on some cheap video camera, obviously no special effects or editing... I've also found pedophilia videos... and one video of a monkey drinking it's own pee (probably the least disturbing one of them all lol)... and some other really messed up stuff....

what i'm asking is if there is any type of law enforcement for this? it seems odd that people can release videos like this on the internet and file sharing programs without any consequences... What are the laws on this? Since internet is global... and laws are usually only national... so where is the line of illegality on this? I really don't like opening a file to find something like that...

Well, if I were you, call your local FBI office. If it showed a girl who's shot in the head, that's murder right there and they could investigate that. Since this is on the internet, technically it's a national crime and the FBI would be the one to call. Search google for your FBI office's number and tell them about this. They will investigate.

Back