Should Islam adopt the name of Peace?

<3courtney

Mar 1, 2008
if i recall hinduism and buddhism's history has been closer to the word peace than islam's contribution so far.im not anti muslim first off and my name is just political humor so the question is why is islam the religion of peace when philosophy typed religions such as hinduism and buddhism has shown more contributions to peace than Islam?im sorry but Buddhism is a religion in the term of following lifestylesif you think buddhism isnt a religion then hinduism isnt a religion

I think they're all peaceful in different ways, but sadly, some Muslims think they have to kill and terrorise people for their religion.

I like to call it the religion of both, because It preaches peace in peace and if you are attacked encouraged to be aggressive.

EXO 7:5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

Only AFTER...... They... Rebuild the Twin Towers " 9-11 "....... In New York CITY !Thanks, RR

It's all hypocritical mumbo jumbo! All religions claim one thing and do another. The mixing pot of ideologies is way to complex for an answer to fit in this medium. Be thankful religion has made any contribution to peace...

yes Buddhism is a religion just because they have no god doesn't mean they are not a religion and id agree both Hindus and Buddhists appear to be more peaceful

You have posed a good question "BO". I dont know anything about muslim religion, but in India there a one saying which states - 'If you dig a pit for someone you yourself will fall into it'. I think that is one of the reasons why you can witness the hinduism & buddhism in their present form (as you stated).

Islam is all about peace.Christianity is all about love.Buddhism is all about compassion.Judaism is all about justice.Bahai is all about equality.Confucianism is all about honour.All religions have these virtues, but, each one emphasizes one particular virtue, inwhich all they all see the other ones.

how can you compare between that and that..islam was the base of a great civilisations, read a bit the islamic art, our thinkers, our scientists.. islam is based on justice and peace, how you help justice and help me if you retire in mountain to meditate and have your peace...buddhism is not religions, and we have that kind of doctrine too, i mean the sophism.. they just love God and write peoms in his beauty.. but they do nothing aside from that...

Should Islam adopt the name of Peace?No.Let them prove it first.Understandably all religions have extremes. But its not just some Muslim here and there that are extreme. Its a lot of Muslims all over the world that are extreme.Perhaps media has some blame because they portray all negative things about Muslims. But Muslims dint help themselves by blowing up people. Pakistan Afghanistan Iraq Iran can be so much peaceful if their own people stop killing in the name of God.This surely comes out of their teachings and philosophy.This is the assumption one makes, because they are always portraying themselves so religious but do so much irreligious things daily. Historically they are said to have killed and plundered all over the world and stole ideas which they spread as their own.That's hardly contributing even though they are said to have passed a lot of knowledge to UK and Europe.I think Muslims seriously need to learn to criticize their own religious teachings and preachers and people and think about their violent ways.There is no point getting excited at me (which I'm sure most of you will do). Its how you all portray your religion.I'm not here to bash your religion which again most of you will be thinking this.What good are philosophies if they are not practiced. Sufis are a mixture of Islam and Hinduism influence so naturally these are the best types of Muslims.

their peace and our peace are not the same.in the book, it clearly say something like kill / destroy the non-muslim for their god.look at its history, it has been living with swore and blood since the beginning of their time. even today, look at the way they think and do thing. is that looked like a peaceful people in our view? i don't think they even know what is peace mean!

Back