Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

The DC Universe since Infinite Crisis?

I was an avid reader of DC Comics in the 90s and early 2000s. I understood the DC Universe then: it was coherent in the 30s-50s, a multiverse existed from the 60s-1985, then the DC Universe was rebooted in 1985 after Crisis on Infinite Earths.

However, since I didn't read Infinite Crisis in 2006, I'm completely lost.

Is the post-Infinite Crisis DC Universe (since 2006) the same as the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths DC Universe (1986-2005)? Or is it different? Is there a mulitiverse again? Did they fuse the pre-COIE multiverses with the post-COIE universe?

Please help. I am totally lost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    * Is the post-Infinite Crisis DC Universe (since 2006) the same as the post-Crisis on Infinite Earths DC Universe (1986-2005)?

No.

*Or is it different?

Yes. Although not significantly.

* Is there a mulitiverse again?

Yes. Alexander Luthor (you remember him) tried to create the "perfect universe" and to this end he 'cloned' the universe, merging different versions to get what he wanted.
    The universes collapsed back together into one when his machines were destroyed, but immediately afterward, it seperated out again into 52 identical universes. Mr.Mind, finally grown into his adult form, travelled to each and every one of them, eating critical pieces of time and space, and so the 52 universes each became unique.

* Did they fuse the pre-COIE multiverses with the post-COIE universe?

No. But many of the new universes resemble some of the pre-Crisis universes. Others are more like Elseworlds.