Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to Increase Bittorrent speed?

My Bittorrent speed has come down to 20kbps and it doesnt seem to increase at all. How can i increase the speed. And guys please give me some solutions that really work. i'v tried a lotta things on the internet but they just don seem to work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like your ISP could be throttling your connection. A lot of ISPs do this because bittorrent connections hog a lot of bandwidth.

when this happened to me I started using transport encryption and switched to port 6000 and I was back up to regular speeds. (down to 2-5kbps before, up to 100-150kbps after).

depending on your bittorrent client there are different ways to do this. If you use vuze just go to preferences and check the box "require transport encryption"

hope this helped

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bittorrent usually tests your internet connection speed and determines the best download/upload rate. If your modem is capable of much higher speed than 20kbps, then the following may have occurred:
    1) your internet connection is partially being used by another application/program and therefore you're only left with 20kbps;
    2) Bittorrent needs to be restarted (or restart your computer, modem, and bittorrent completely) in order to reset everything;
    3) Uninstall the Bittorrent from your computer and then download the latest version of Bittorrent on it (even if that's the same version you currently have);
    4) Your bittorrent settings under "preferences" may have been changed unintentionally. Make sure your download speed is set at the highest level. Also, set the upload rate at a lower rate in order to speed up/free up your connection;
    5) Your problem may not be related to Bittorrent at all. Who knows,...maybe you have a general problem with your internet connection which may have been caused by your internet provider, computer viruses, spyware, etc.