Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for a used SUV as a first vehicle?

I am looking around for my first vehicle (I'm a teen) and really like SUV's.

However, I'd still like to know of any good ones I could keep my eye out for, just in case. I will be buying used, and would like it to be under $5,000.

ive looked at crv`s, santa fe`s, etc
    that type of style is what I want

Price is a big factor for me since I will be paying for the entire thing myself.
    So how much more expensive would insurance be for an SUV as oppose to a car? Although I would much rather have an SUV because I plan to keep it for the next few (many) years, I am being told that a car would be a better bet?
    opinions/thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    CRV's would be your best bet, but they would probably cost a little over 5k.

All the good SUV's cost a little more than your price range.
    My recommendation is to save up a few more thousands and try to get a Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner or maybe even a Mazda Tribute. They are all stylish and in the 6k range. An SUV for under 5k would be crap, i will tell you now... Either it will be VERY VERY old, VERY VERY high mileage or something wrong with it or a combination of two or more of the above.

Whatever you do, don't go for the Jeep Grand Cherokee's.

Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    you might be able to find an escape under 5000. As far as I know they are ok cars and probably shouldn't be to costly to fix. Try to get something with low mileage. good luck