Besides religion, and disgust. Why do people hate gays / homos?

CameronW

Feb 25, 2008
I am wondering what makes people dislike or hate gays?

I know religion is one of the primary ones, which says that it is wrong and immoral, and a number of other bad things. And since so many people are religious, that makes sense.

And I know that pure disgust is another one. I can definetly understand that one, just cause something isn't specifically illegal, doesn't mean its not disgusting and wrong. Just like you wouldn't want to see a filthy fat man in a speedo in public, or wouldn't want to see something disgusting like a homeless man shoving dihareea up his nose/mouth, or other disgusting unnatural things, you don't want to see any gays either. Makes sense.

Those are definetly some pretty strong points, but are those the only reasons people hate them so much?

I once heard someone say they hated them because they are mentally deranged, however I also heard it hasn't been proven its a mental condition, and doesn't make sence because people don't hate people with other mental conditions like autism or stuff like that.

So besides those main two points, are there any other reasons why people hate them, and want to keep them out of the military and stuff.

Back