Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    erome Ho
    It is about disillusionment of love.

www.SkyQuestComMedia.com

evolutiondamngood
    Sounds like it means somebody is traveling around the chestnut trees on a autumn night gathering chestnuts for the poor.

jodapoet
    The real question and the way poetry should be deciphered is - what does the poem mean to you when you read it? What and how do you feel? That's how poetry should be read and understood, by the reader.

kitten
    it's fall, things die which usually represents change or transition in literature. empty sky might represent sadness and being alone in a vast and beautiful world. they could be getting back at somebody by giving their stuff away or it could be about losing a loved one.

barrabas
    a garage sale? er, a midnight garage sale!

Systematics
    It sounds like you died and they are giving your stuff to charity.

Red
    Someone has lost a loved one, and has to gather their belongings and will be giving them to the poor. Maybe the chestnuts represent the rain falling hard.

(i like this poem)

La Lulu
    Autumn comes before the bitter winter, which is near and the sky is empty except for the moon which is only seen thru a haze...all seems so vast and awesome, but lonely too. The chestnuts, though unseen, are heard falling from a nearby tree, which is dying away for the winter, yet leaves acorns, which means life for future trees and small animals. Then "your" things are put into boxes for the poor. "You" no longer need them, as "you" are gone, but the things you left behind will help the ones that go on living. So I am lonely, seemingly lost, without you, like the moon in the vast sky. All I have is a hazy memory of your shining presence. The winter of your life came and I was there with you in the autumn of your life and you left behind the hope of the springtime, when you left your seeds behind and they're planted firmly in my mind.
    lulu

jennifer p
    it sounds to me that, in a relaxed and decisive state, someone has made up their mind, with a heavy heart but with lots of reasons to do so, to say good bye to someone they care about and send them on their way. A good bye, most definitely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12