Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

tips on jogging outdoors?

really want to start jogging so i was just wondering if anyone had any tips for first time jogging? also is it normal to feel nervous about jogging outdoors, i kinda feel scared i might run into a rapist (:0) or i might look stupid -_- feels weird running in front of people too :0 anyone know how to get over this? any advise will be awesome

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate running, so I only go at the gym where I can watch tv at the same time.

Who cares if you look stupid? Are you running for yourself or because other people want you to? I hope it's for yourself.

As far as running into a rapist, if you're female, don't run alone at night. If you're in a sketchy area, go somewhere else to exercise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i used to have the same problem about not liking to run or exercise in front of people. i started off by just walking at a fast pace then to get used to outdoor exercise then moved on to slow jogging now am able to run without paranoia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why don't you get a workout buddy or Mom or with two friends go to the beach and use the trail there or just Jog around your house circle around the house repeatedly . You can also buy a mini pepper spray to carry in your pocket or keychain they are sold at police gear stores or security even online.

you can also go to the park or You can go to your highschool and Jog around the track afterschool If you are not in Highschool you can still go to one and go jog after school . Or college field.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it safe to drive outside? STOP. Quit making excuses not to run.

Next, start slow. Set goals. Baby steps. I went from not being able to run a mile non stop to over 12 miles non stop in less than 6 months.

YOU CAN DO IT!