I am a female, 34 years old and I have smoked for 15 years up to 30 cigarettes a day and I quited smoking 1 month ago. At the beginning, I went through the normal symptoms (irritability, lost of sleep, etc...) and 2 weeks ago I thought I was getting better. I quited "cold turkey" and I read a lot about how to make it work, drinking a lot of water, not eating more but exercising more, yoga, running...
Since last week, suddenly my belly has swollen, my eyes are swollen too in the morning and the last days even my knees are getting bigger. I read it could be water retention, and I think it is, because I have all the symptoms, but I wonder if this will ever stop, while it gets only worse. I have being always thin and toned, and suddenly i am feeling really heavy. When I stand it's ok, but my eyes hurt in the morning, and when I sit, I feel my belly is so full, it's gonna explode! I know this is stupid if you compare with the incredible disadvantages of smoking, but I just want to know how long is this going to be, since it's only getting worse even if I move non stop and drink lots and lots of water. I didn't go to the doctor, but I am thinking to go soon. Is this my new body? Or is it going to go back to how it was before? If this is the case, how long can it take? weeks, months, years??? It feels like I am carrying bags of water, and my body is somewhere behind that. Someone experienced this? Thanks

(By the way, I am not english, so I am sorry if I committed any mistakes...)