Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

All my friend does to me is vent and complain?

I have a friend who is really nice and sweet, but everytime I am with her all she does is complain about everything (which is the same 3 people. The mean friend, the boy who doesn't like her, and b**tchy ex-best friend) I am not friends with those people because they hurt her so much. I to tell her my issues, so I told her about the girl who is being mean to me and bullying me. She doesn't listen at all. She is super sensitive and is the nicest person I know. What do I do?

Also, I give her advice EVERY TIME SHE VENTS and she doesn't take any of it in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the best thing you can do in this situation is try to sit through the complaining and be supportive. If you value her friendship and think so highly of her you need to help her through this rough patch. By the way your question is written it seems as if you're being the listener and letting her talk. If at all possible try and be the stronger person in this situation. Listen to her, give her advice, and try to resolve your own problems with yourself or another friend. Once you help her through this rough patch you will be able to bring up your problems again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my roommate is the same way

find the positives in everything she is saying. dont coddle her or give her attention for complaining. turn all her complaints around into positives. trust me it works

Downloads
    Uploads
    Find a new friend