Poll- Are the rumors about High School true? What is it really like?

parties- you'll be drinking and hooking up many times
homework- up to 4:00am
dating- guys will use you
friends- will backstab you
sports- are the only way to get popular
gossip- runs you outta school

ahhhh im kiddin. high school's fun =) hard times you'll experience of course, but they say this is the time to create great memories; :)

Next year I will be in 9th grade and I am excited and nervous about what it will be like. I've heard good things and a bunch of bad things. What is it really like?

Explain-

parties

homework

dating

friends

sports

anything else???

And if you aren't there yet, what do you think????????????

parties - if ur not popular u wont see many of these. usually everybody gets drunk and every1 has oral sex with every1

homework - u'll be full of homework and won't have any free time in the afternoon

dating - the pretty girls will go with the bad boys and if u dont make the first move ull be lonely because all the other kids are shy

friends - u may think u have friends but u wont, every1 will try to take advantage of u

sports - n/a

high school will make u or break u in life

it just gets you ready for adult life.
the real world that when all the partying and stuff come in soo
make sure PROTECT yourself !
Kay Byes hope i help .

im a sophmore and no its not like people say it is. sometimes things may be said to freshman but its not bad... parties happen nothing like huge parties, there is tons of hw but it depends on your classes, dating......well i guess its like any school even middle school......nothing to it really...friends. i made so many new friends ....they are the reason i love school ..sports are hard work but worth it and the food sucks hhaha but i love high school! you will be fine =)

no sweetie
HS looks like fun in movies, its okay
I'm 20.
I graduated 3 years ago

its just like middle school, but more people, more parties, more scandals, more rumors, more controversies

Tips:
You may hear this a lot, but really dtay focus and get good grades
Colleges look like your over all GPA from 9th to 12th grade. They average all the grades you ever had in HS out to one number.
(Mine was 3.94)

Keep your mouth shut
Please do not gossip. If there is something you know, keep it to yourself, because even though you didn't say bad things, your "Friends" will twist things up

Use condoms if you're gonna be active. (I was a mom at 16)

Be in as many sports as you can while keeping your grades up

Don't try to fit in, people will put you on the spot if they think your a fraud

It really depends on what high school you're going to. Some of them are really cliquey and the people all have nasty attitudes. But that's mostly in smaller schools in small towns with not very many people. But if you go to a large school with tons of people then you should have any problems.

Just try talking to people who go to the high school you'll be going to. They'll be able to tell you what to expect.

Parites still havent been to a real one.
Homework, it depends here in Florida where all the kids are retarded its very easy I barely ever have any.
Dating, I have no game, but you just have to ask and most likely they will say yes.
Friends, nobody will talk to you. I think like 10 people talked to me... In Private school everybody talked to me, but you have to be outgoing, cus nobody talks to you...
Sports, do sports it looks good, and if your team is like mine it is a great family enviroment, and thats how I got most of my friends since you see your teammates alot more than everybody else, there is so many people you cant really get to know them all in between classes. But it does take alot of time. I gethome at 6 instead of 3 everyday and like 12 on Fridays

Haha well i can't really say i only had one friend i spent most of my time stoned or swimming just dont get in drama , but that work isn't hard well for me it isn't im a genius.

haha All the rumors about high school are definatly not true.
parties- it depends on the kind of people you hang out with, but they're fun!

homework- depends on the classes you take i had probably two hours of homework every night, but i was also in several honors classes and studied a lot. :p

dating- it depends on who you meet!! haha i swear it's not too scary though!!

friends- again it depends. personally i met the most amazing people my freshmen year!

sports- i'm actually not in sports :p

honestly high school is different for everyone, but it's tons of fun!!

I guess you have to be outgoing to enjoy the social aspect of high school ( I was the shy and quiet type so it sucked for me lol...I just had a few friends) and work aspect of high school is a handful lol but in the end it's all worth it...and as far as sports go...if your high school has a good team then you enjoy your high school sports...if you're into sports...that's it...other than the teachers can be a jerk...but you should already know that lol

it's alright. nothing special. except all the sexy seniors I've never been in school with before. they're great! I was nervous about it last year too. but now that I'm here I feel so grown up! I take it more seriously than i took middle school. I actually have to study for tests in order to get 100's now! The 80 minute blocks make the day feel a lot shorter actually. the only class I really hate is astronomy, but there'll always be one bad class in your schedule. don't worry about it too much. good luck!

Back