Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my holden epica 07 has an issue with the shift lock and the cruise control,...

...linked maybe? costly to fix? hi have had this problem for a while when I put my car into park it becomes locked in park. It doesn't have any issue shifting between other geas just gets stuck in park. I can release it by pushing my key into the "shift-lock release". I also have an issue with my cruise control, the cruise dash light switches off and cruise doesn't work after a certain period of time and only works again after the car gets put back in park and you start driving again. Any thoughts, someone suggested brake solenoid??? Cheers

Unregistered
    A Temp fix is checking fuses that is what happened with my 07 epica

Unregistered
    Hi there, my 07 Epica is doing exactly the same thing. Did you ever manage to get this fixed? What was the cost?

Cheers

Unregistered
    Anyone solve this issue I also having the same

Unregistered
    Having this issue with my 04 epica

Unregistered
    Had same problem. I replace the brake switch located at the brake pedal, problem gone

Unregistered
    Firstly, check if your brake lights come on. If you're on your own (reverse the car up to a wall / garage door) to see if the lights come on.

If they do, it could be a fuse.

If they don't, then it could be the brake pedal switch that detects when the brakes are on or off. You can only shift out of park, if the foot is on the brake, so no brake lights indicates no detection. Grab a torch, and stick your head up under the dash. Locate the switch and twist the assembly at the back of the bracket pushing down towards the brake pedal and it should twist out. Leave it connected to the wire. With it out, check that the brake lights now come on.

If the lights DON'T turn on then switch could be faulty and needs replacement.

If the lights DO turn on then depress the switch fully and check that they turn off - the switch is fine and simply needs to be replaced but adjusted. To adjust, insert back into the hole and push down against the brake pedal arm (depressing the switch) and lock into position. Check that the brake light come on when you put your foot on the brakes.

This was how I fixed my 2008 Holden Epica Diesel.

Town driving: 9.1-9.4 l/100km
    Country driving: 6.3-6.5 l/100km

Unregistered
    Thank you so much for this post - our just needed readjusting, saving us a trip to the shop and almost ordering a part unnecessarily.
    This fixed our 2011 Holden Epica Petrol model.