Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My DVD has incorrect video, can I still burn it?

Okay so I have a DVD torrent (legal one) and I am trying to burn it to DVD. I know I need a converter and yadda yadda yadda I know how to do all that. My question is this;

When I go to play the .wmv (or whatever it is) on my computer, it's all jerky and the video is not aligned properly. Also, the entire movie is less than 1GB. Why is this? Will converting it help those issues....is it all screwy because it's compressed? I've got dual layer 8G DVDs that are spendy, so I don't want to waste them...

*EDIT* Actually no the format has no significance at all considering most software will convert any file to DVD compatible. It's not ISO, since it plays in windows media player. I'd guess .wmv or maybe .mpeg.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt this is a legal DVD; I don't know if you're naïve or taking us for fools. Anyway, you can burn it to a DVD but it's not going to look very good. I certainly wouldn't waste a dual-layer DVD though; I'd use a single layer disk. Instead of spending all your money on dual layer DVDs, why not sign up for Netflix? For less than $10/month (after sales tax) you can get a slew of DVDs sent to your house and unlimited online streaming.