Realm Men's Southbay 10" Mountain Bike at dick's sporting goods?

Skully

May 11, 2008
I wanted to know if anybody has one of those and if they are any good. http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4296509&clickId=125639677&affiliateCustomId=&affiliateId=3410

I really like this bike but cant find any reviews on it. To me it feels a lot like a beach cruiser just with out the racks and finders. Its a 21 speed as well, so that's a plus for me. I just want to know how well these hold up if you have one.

NEVER buy a bicycle from any discount store or big box store. Terrible components on that bike. A bottom of the line Shimano tourney rear derailleur to start, DNP Concord twist shifters - never heard of them, only a 50 mm travel suspension fork, etc.

I'll guarantee it has a cheap freewheel hub vs. a better cassette hub for rear gears. Waste your $$$ if you want to. But only real bike shops sell real bikes.

We (the regulars here) have tried to help a lady several times. Now she's been through 2 Walmart bikes in about 3 weeks. Link below. We tried to tell her several times to stay away from cheap bikes...just like I'm begging you now - stay away from this one.

NEVER buy a bicycle from any discount store or big box store. Terrible components on that bike. A bottom of the line Shimano tourney rear derailleur to start, DNP Concord twist shifters - never heard of them, only a 50 mm travel suspension fork, etc.

I'll guarantee it has a cheap freewheel hub vs. a better cassette hub for rear gears. Waste your $$$ if you want to. But only real bike shops sell real bikes.

We (the regulars here) have tried to help a lady several times. Now she's been through 2 Walmart bikes in about 3 weeks. Link below. We tried to tell her several times to stay away from cheap bikes...just like I'm begging you now - stay away from this one.

I would stay away from Dick's and any other department store bikes. I have never seen a mountain bike with a 10" frame, that has to be a typo. You should be able to find a much better used shop quality bike on the local eBay or Craig's list for the same amount.

Back