Can someone PLEASE help me with basketball?

eee

Sep 7, 2007
I'm 15 yrs old & I'm a girl. I've always played street ball since I was in the 2nd grade. This yr (I'm a sophomore in high school) I want to play for my school and get a scholarship. It's my first time playing organized ball.

Right now it's basically like conditioning/practice. On monday & wednesday it's basically just fundamentals, working on footwork, drills, etc. Tues & Thurs it's weight room and running.

The workouts started september 13th, at first I use to get nervous before every workout, then I stopped being nervous. Then I use to be nervous about playing in the 5 on 5s I use to be nervous about just stepping on the court to do drills. I'm not anymore. Now, I just get lost when I get on the court, it's like I don't know what to do with the ball when they pass it to me.

I'm a guard, I'm most likely going to play the 2. I'm not scared to get in the game, it's like I don't know what to do with the ball. I kinda freeze up. Tryouts are in November so I still have time to develop, I'm kinda already on the team cause I workout with Varsity and JV. I want to play JV so I can develop as a player.

I would like a scholarship to a ACC school or SEC or CAA school. Is it too late? I was thinking this whole year can be my development yr and I can work hard to start on Varsity next yr since a few seniors are leaving.

Thank you for reading this it's greatly appreciated.

Anythings possible, after all Olajuwon didn't start playing for real until he came to the US. Just dedicate time to it and practice. And make sure you make the transition from streetball to regular ball. Hot Sause didn't and it cost him his high school team spot. Skip 2 my Lou on the other hand did and made it to the NBA.

Back