I'm 15 yrs old & I'm a girl. I've always played street ball since I was in the 2nd grade. This yr (I'm a sophomore in high school) I want to play for my school and get a scholarship. It's my first time playing organized ball.

Right now it's basically like conditioning/practice. On monday & wednesday it's basically just fundamentals, working on footwork, drills, etc. Tues & Thurs it's weight room and running.

The workouts started september 13th, at first I use to get nervous before every workout, then I stopped being nervous. Then I use to be nervous about playing in the 5 on 5s I use to be nervous about just stepping on the court to do drills. I'm not anymore. Now, I just get lost when I get on the court, it's like I don't know what to do with the ball when they pass it to me.

I'm a guard, I'm most likely going to play the 2. I'm not scared to get in the game, it's like I don't know what to do with the ball. I kinda freeze up. Tryouts are in November so I still have time to develop, I'm kinda already on the team cause I workout with Varsity and JV. I want to play JV so I can develop as a player.

I would like a scholarship to a ACC school or SEC or CAA school. Is it too late? I was thinking this whole year can be my development yr and I can work hard to start on Varsity next yr since a few seniors are leaving.

Thank you for reading this it's greatly appreciated.