Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how safe is bit-torrent?

i had it before thinking get it again what u think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go on piratebay, look at the torrent comments, if they say virus's etc don't download. If it's clean your as safe as houses. Happy pirating

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi
    Just realize it opens a port to your computer- unprotected even with internet security. It will also expose your IP address to others. And your computer will become part of the shared network for downloading for other computers unless you turn it off which limits your download speed big time.
    I tried it for a while through pirate but funny things started to happen and got a lot of limited free trials for too much effort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are going to download, then be careful, some or shall I say most spy on you. Please ensure you install peerblock: http://www.peerblock.com/ . Stops the spies from watching you download.

Once you have a bit torrent, the go to pirate bay, or HD-Ahoy or HD-bits

goodluck

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi
    Just realize it opens a port to your computer- unprotected even with internet security. It will also expose your IP address to others. And your computer will become part of the shared network for downloading for other computers unless you turn it off which limits your download speed big time.
    I tried it for a while through pirate but funny things started to happen and got a lot of limited free trials for too much effort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every time you use torrents you are essentially playing your odds. There are probably millions of people downloading copyrighted material illegally, and you are just one in that group. Your chances go way up if you are using Internet from College or University campuses, since MPAA and RIAA know this demographic will download illegally most often.

The safest way to download-in my opinion-is to avoid hugely popular things, like Top 40 albums, or big name Hollywood movies. I know it goes against the practice of torrenting, but seed as little as possible. It's my opinion that these groups will go after the people that are uploading more than downloading.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are going to download, then be careful, some or shall I say most spy on you. Please ensure you install peerblock: http://www.peerblock.com/ . Stops the spies from watching you download.

Once you have a bit torrent, the go to pirate bay, or HD-Ahoy or HD-bits

goodluck

Junior Member anthonyjackbishop's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    stop downloading stuff illegally and buy them